Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Does the World Need Another Artist Blog


... or for that matter does the world need another artist. Well the answer to the first question is most decidedly no ... while the second answer is almost always yes.
The piece illustrated to the left is aptly called beginnings. After floundering around with portraiture and drawing still lifes in New York my current art career began with a picture of Max Bill (architect/artist). He was sitting alone in his studio surrounded by his work with an expression that was either pride or as I now know might have been “what the hell am I going to do with all this stuff?”
It occurred to me then that art and mathematics were consistent and complimentary. My goal since has been to express the beauty of nature through what I know best.
Let the show begin!

No comments: